I'm currently working on a really interesting project that involves the creation of a meetings management solution, to provide a single point of access to:
- organise online and phone meetings
- provide access to meeting resources (documents, presentations, surveys etc.)
- provide links to planned, current and recorded meetings
- to collate and manage actions
- to collate and collect feedback on decisions made
- to send meeting invites, reminders and SMS alerts to attendees
Whilst by no means a new requirement for many organisations, it is not one that is particularly well served with the Lotus portfolio 'out of the box', and a search for partner or competitor products has not revealed anything that fits the bill any better. We've therefore looked into the development of a custom solution based on Connections and Sametime, Quickr and Sametime or indeed a combination of all three products.
The design process is still ongoing, but it has been interesting to look into the options available for Sametime 8.0.2 Meetings integration with both Connections and Quickr.
I was therefore delighted to be alerted to this Lotus Quickr wiki article that describes the process of integration Lotus Quickr 8.x with Lotus Sametime web meetings:
To enable online meetings for Team Workplace users, complete the following steps:If this is something that would be beneficial in your organisation, this article is well worth a look.
1. Copying the Java files required for online meetings
2. Specifying the Web Conferencing authentication name.
3. Specifying Sametime Community server in Team Workplace.
(Thanks for the link Andrew T!)
By: Stuart McIntyre - Quickr Blog | 0 Comments | On: 17 November 2009 13:38:47 | Tags: quickr sametime meetings