As Darren Duke (and others) spotted yesterday, the first fixpack for Lotus Quickr 8.5 Services for Domino (184.108.40.206) has begun to appear on the Interwebs.
However, the announcement letter for the first point release (8.5.1) was published today:
IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5.1 for Domino adds significant enhancements for users with important business content who need to collaborate with colleagues, clients, and partnersSo, there's the big news - off-line support, additional languages, support for Excel 2007 import to lists (but not Excel 2010 which is interesting), a more straightforward upgrade process from earlier versions and probably most importantly, support for the latest releases of Connections and Sametime.
IBM Lotus Quickr is team collaboration software that helps you access and interact with the people and information in your organization to complete projects effectively. IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5.1 for Domino provides additional features to the newly released Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Domino including:
- Support for Domino Off-Line Services, which enables users to create a copy of a Quickr Place on their local machine, make changes to the local copy without a network connection, and then synchronize changes on the server when reconnected to the network (Microsoft Windows users only).
- Availability of Hebrew and Arabic national language versions so now all national languages are supported.
- Import and export support for Microsoft Excel 2007 formatted files into the new "List" feature for structured content. Lists were first introduced in Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Domino.
- Easy, direct upgrade process from Lotus Quickr for Domino 8.1, 8.2, and 8.5.
- Support for Lotus Connections 3.
- Support for Lotus Sametime 8.5.1.
So (as Darren spotted) we now have the Windows and AIX releases of 220.127.116.11 available for download, whilst the announcement letter itself suggest availability of 8.5.1 will come a little later:
Planned Availability DateSo, if you're one of the organisations that has been holding off upgrading to Quickr 8.5 until 'the fix first pack is available' (I've heard that one a few times!), then now is the time to crack on and plan your upgrade (whether you go with 18.104.22.168 or 8.5.1)!
December 16, 2010: Electronic availability
January 14, 2011: Media availability
By: Stuart McIntyre | 14 Comments | On: 7 December 2010 07:40:01 | Tags: quickr lotus domino 8.5.1