IBM Content Manager V8.4.2 and IBM FileNet Content Manger V4.5.1 integrate IBM Lotus Quickr for direct connect integration between collaborative Web 2.0 tools, common desktop, and e-mail applicationsMore >
Adding IBM Lotus Quickr to IBM Content Manager V8.4.2 and IBM FileNet Content Manager V4.5.1 enables robust collaborative team services and document management integration.
These Web services components, components of IBM Content Manager and IBM FileNet Content Manager, enable business users to:
- Enables the discovery of enterprise content and provides seamless access to business documents across the organization, while leveraging collaboration tools and every day business applications (e-mail, Office, and other tasks)
- Provides organizations with the ability to handle content as a secure corporate asset in an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system, allowing content to participate in Business Process Management, and to be managed in accordance with content discovery, auto classification, as well as compliance and retention policies
IBM Content Manager Services V1.1 and IBM FileNet Content Manager Services V1.1 provide direct connect integration between e-mail and desktop applications and ECM, as well as enable Web 2.0 collaborative user interfaces and widgets to be used in multiple desktop computing environments (for instance, Microsoft Windows, Portal, and Domino). These Lotus and ECM integration points, enabled through these Web services components, unite the best-of-breed collaboration of Lotus Quickr and the industry-leading content management platform - IBM ECM. This provides the most complete single-vendor end-to-end collaborative document and content management solution in the industry.
- Transfer collaborative content from Lotus Quickr to an ECM repository
- Incorporate existing ECM content inside collaborative team places
- Search Lotus Quickr and ECM content from a Lotus Quickr user interface
- Search IBM Content Manager and IBM FileNet Content Manager content from common desktop and e-mail applications
- Use the e-mail and desktop Place connectors to directly interact with content in IBM Content Manager and IBM FileNet Content Manager
- Use direct connect iWidgets to natively interact with content against IBM Content Manager and IBM FileNet Content Manager
- Extend advanced ECM services and function to broader collaborative team services and document management environments
By: Stuart McIntyre | 76 Comments | On: 15 June 2010 07:09:39 | Tags: quickr lotus filenet contentmanager