Having been part of the beta program for Lotus Quickr 8.2, I am really pleased to see it announced today:
IBM Lotus Quickr 8.2 enhances end-user experience and streamlines infrastructure requirementsFor those who haven't been following the new release, 8.2 is designed to bring Quickr/Domino up to date with some of the new features delivered in Quickr/J2EE 8.1.1 - primarily the integration with Lotus Connections, plus to improve the Quickr UI, and to support Lotus Domino 8.5 (including DAOS).
Lotus Quickr 8.2 is focused primarily on Lotus Quickr services for Domino. It includes many feature enhancements requested by customers, in addition to a strong focus on the overall performance and maturity of the product.
End-user-oriented enhancements to the Lotus Quickr services for Domino include:
* Faster browser response time
* Sticky user preferences in views
* Button to add a Quickr place to connectors
* Simplified document editing and versioning interfaces
* Integration with Lotus Connections Communities to provide an associated team place or wiki with synchronized membership
* Integration with Lotus Connections Activities to provide publication of Activity content to a Quickr place
Enhancements for Lotus Quickr services for Domino that simplify administration and help to streamline the infrastructure include:
* Support for Lotus Domino 8.5 DAOS (Domino attachment and object service) to enable storage of attachments in the file system
* Increased flexibility in configuring integration between Lotus Sametime and Lotus Quickr (allowing shared Domino directory)
* Simplified process for upgrades and installation of hot fixes
* Security enhancements to address potential exposures identified by ethical hacking project
* Support for Firefox 3.0 and additional directories (Sun SAM and Novell eDirectory)
* Support for additional standards (FIPS/FDCC and IPv6)
Enhancements to the Lotus Quickr connectors are available for both Quickr services for Domino and Quickr services for WebSphere Portal:
* Domino Web Access connector (available with Domino 8.5)
* Improved e-mail drag and drop from Lotus Notes connector
* Improved error handling when sending Quickr links via e-mail
* Ability for administrator to automatically populate Quickr connectors with a list of places
* Forward proxy support
* Enablers to customize single sign-on
* Support for local groups (Quickr services for Domino only)
Note: For customers upgrading from Quickplace releases (6x and 7x) to Lotus Quickr 8.2 services for Domino, we will provide documentation describing the steps to upgrade and migrate data. Planned availability for this documentation is August 2009 for English and 30 to 90 days later for other national languages. If you have questions about your upgrade or migration options or system requirements, contact your local services team for further instructions and guidance.
It will be available for download (in English) on Thursday:
Planned availability date
May 28, 2009 (electronic software delivery).
June 19, 2009 (media and documentation).
Refer to the complete letter for national language availability.
By: Stuart McIntyre - Quickr Blog | 0 Comments | On: 26 May 2009 12:30:29 | Tags: quickr 8.2 domino announcement