Another self-paced workshop from the IBM Education folks, this time on Lotus Quickr 8.1:
This workshop helps you gain the technical skills to solve these concerns using IBM Lotus Quickr. It is a new Web 2.0-based collaborative content offering designed to transform the way everyday business content such as documents and rich media is shared and to enable more effective team collaboration. You will use the included connectors that integrate with popular desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes to help businesses manage information in a security-rich environment. We will cover Lotus Quickr services for Lotus Domino, which use similar concepts but a different user interface than the Lotus Quickr services for WebSphere Portal.I have attended these self-paced courses from IBM in the past and can recommend them highly. A great way to get high-quality education at zero cost and with no travel involved! What more could you ask?
The intended audience is IBM Business Partners, but customers will be accommodated on a space available basis. Attendees can participate in the IBM Lotus Business Solutions Catalog entry offering and be eligible for no charge technical support for 90 days.
This workshop is offered in multiple formats: traditional classroom, virtual and self-paced. All are no charge and cover the same content.
What you will discover by attending
* Features, functions and capabilities of Lotus Quickr
* Installation, configuration and troubleshooting Lotus Quickr server
* How to use and manage Lotus Quickr places with its activities and tools
* Using Lotus Quickr connectors to integrate to other desktop applications and Lotus Sametime
* Extending Lotus Quickr with composite applications
* Creating Lotus Quickr templates for applications and teamspaces
* Managing a Lotus Quickr operational environment
* Understanding the value to solution developers, service providers and users by Lotus Quickr
* Architecture of Lotus Quickr
* Supported platforms, databases, directories, servers and clients
* Hands-on labs for installation, configuration, Lotus Quickr places, connectors for Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes, integration with instant messaging and Web collaboration, customization of themes and places, tools and administration functions
* Integration with Lotus Notes, Lotus Sametime, IBM Lotus Symphony, Microsoft Office (without upgrade to Office 2007), Microsoft Windows (without upgrade to Vista), Windows Explorer, WebSphere Portal
* Business oriented templates
* Enterprise level scalability and performance
* Extensible programming model
* Content libraries, wikis, and blogs
* Team collaboration services
* Lotus Quickr administration functions and processes
By: Quickr Blog (Stuart McIntyre) | 3 Comments | On: 14 August 2008 05:31:05 | Tags: quickr 8.1 lotus