Now that LCTY is out of the way, it's full on into the planning phase for Notes/Domino 8, Quickr and Connections - all are due "mid-year" according to IBM.
For me that means at least the following need to be completed, prior to announce date:
- Gain full understanding of business objectives for Quickr (and each of the other products), business benefits and value propositions. Translate into plain English ;-) and into messages that our customers will follow. Communicate to marketing and sales resources.
- Deploy beta versions personally and as a company. Learn from these and other technical resources (redbooks/redpapers, whitepapers, demos, discussions, forums etc.) and formulate into a number of technical documents to share with internal technical teams and customer contacts.
- Plan, provision and deliver technical workshops for customers and partners to get "hands on" experience with the products in beta form.
- Formulate a number of "quick wins" for customers that would generate fast time-to-value on purchase and implementation. We are seeing more and more opportunities where customers are demanding ROI (return on investment) within 12 months or less. For some products this is relatively easy to manage and justify - for others such as collaborative solutions e.g. Connections it will be much harder, hence the need for demonstrable quick-wins.
- Write a number of articles for internal newletters and industry journals on the new products to get the word out.
By: Quickr Blog (Stuart McIntyre) | 0 Comments | On: 5 March 2007 13:05:06 | Tags: quickr connections announcements