Well actually, top 11...
If you are an end-user considering your organisation's options regarding team collaboration software, or else are working to convice your costomers of the merits of Lotus Quickr over other competitive solutions out there, then you may find this list of reasons to use Quickr of assistance.
After all, it's good to Share Points of interest like this, isn't it ;-)
The Top 10 11 Reasons to Use Lotus Quickr!
1. Share content and collaborate from anywhere
Lotus Quickr client connectors integrate into multiple desktop applications
2. “No” to proprietary tools
Support for multiple HW/SW environments, open standards
3. No rip-and-replace
No need to replace your workstations to upgrade to Microsoft Vista and Microsoft Office 2007
4. Batteries are included
All components (RDB, LDAP, etc.) are in the box – and can scale
5. Real-time integration
Web-based real-time presence and chat, integrate with Web conferences
6. Real offline access
Take an entire team space offline to work with presentation, logic, and data
7. Real extranet collaboration
You just need email addresses of your partners to collaborate, not a call to IT
8. Bridge your islands of data
Bring structure and organization to your places with nested sites, and replication
9. Interactive dashboards
Display interactive AJAX-based components on one page
10. Extensibility & Flexibility
Easily build custom applications
11. Designed for the future
Manage content, not just Microsoft Office documents
Web 2.0 collaboration, not just an extension of Microsoft Office
Transparently access diverse repositories
End-to-end content management with IBM’s best-of-breed Content Management solutions
Key points for me in any competitive situation I get into are points 3 and 4...
3. No rip-and-replace. A lot of customers are feeling pressured (some might say railroaded) into the significant upgrade to Vista and Office 2007, despite seeing negligable benefits in doing so, just so that the rest of the MS stack is kept in step. Lotus Quickr works with just about any type of file (including OpenOffice/ODF) and the Office Connectors integrate directly with Office2003 and Office2007, thus meaning that the organisation can focus on improving collaboration amongst its users and departments, not on a costly and disruptive upgrade program.
4. No batteries required. Whilst Sharepoint Services is often viewed as a "free" solution by many departments as its included in many MS server licences, if you wish to derive any real value from the solution, it is very easy to rapidly be forced into deploying many other parts of the MS stack, including SQL Server, most at extra cost. Well, Lotus Quickr is different... All components required to generate true value from the solution are included... out of the box. LDAP directory, relational database etc.
Lotus Quickr really does have significant advantages over the opposition, and it's time to really make the most of these in your organisation or your customers. As Ed might say, "Go Offense"!
By: Stuart McIntyre | 6 Comments | On: 12 September 2007 05:58:00 | Tags: lotus quickr top10 sharepoint microsoft competitive